Saturday, September 27, 2008

Scam Warning on Yahoo Account Verification!!!

To all readers of this blog:

If you have received the email below, please remember that it is very common for these email scams to be redistributed at a later date with only slightly different content, such as a different subject or return address, or with the fake webpage(s) hosted on a different webserver.

The email below is NOT genuine and you should not respond in any way. It is phishing, an attempt to acquire personal information for the purpose of identity theft. Ignore ALL requests of this nature.

Some librarians were already a victim because of replying to these kinds of emails. They (hackers) used the email in begging or soliciting some considerable amounts from our friends or anyone.
*************************************************************************

Verification:Warning :Update Your Account Now Account Alert
Dear Valued Member,

Due to the congestion in all Yahoo users and removal of all unused Yahoo Accounts,Yahoo would be shutting down all unused Accounts,You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Info below after clicking the reply botton, or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

UserName:
Password:
Date of Birth:
Country Or Territory:

After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his or her account before two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently

*************************************************************************

Verification:Warning :Update Your Account Now
Dear Account User,

Account Alert

VERIFY YOUR FREE YAHOO ACCOUNT NOW !!!

This message is from
Yahoo! message center to all Yahoo! free account owners and premium account owners. We are currently upgrading our data base and e-mail account center. We are deleting all unused Yahoo! account to create more space for new accounts.

To prevent your account from being blocked you
will have to update it below so we will verify the user status of your account.

Confirm
Your Account Details

Yahoo! ID:..........................
Password:.................................
Your Birthday:............................
Your Country or Territory:........

Warning!!! Failure to update this account after one week of receiving this warning will result to loss of account
permanently.

Yahoo! Mail is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089. Copyright © 2008 Yahoo! Inc All rights reserved. Terms of Service

********************************************************************
Another form of scam:

The
Ford Foundation Grant/Donation
http://www.fordfound.org/
United Kingdom Regional Office,
11 Dustable
NW1 7NL,
London.

Attention: Donation Recipient,

The Ford Foundation would like to notify you that you have been chosen by the board of trustees as one of the final recipients of a cash Grant/Donation of �500,000.00 for your own personal, educational, and business development. In conjunction with the ECOWAS, UNO and the EU, We are giving out a yearly donation of �500,000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand Great British Pound Sterlings) each to 100 lucky recipients. These specific Donations/Grants was awarded to enhancement personal business development and educational plans. You are hereby advise to get back to us, for claim of your prize with the information below:

Names:
Age:
Sex:
Country:
Occupation:

Contact Executive Sec. Mr. Harrison Davies
Email: fordfoundation_grantverificationdept031@live.com

On behalf of the Board kindly, accept our warmest congratulations.
Regards.
Mrs. Claudia Lauren

*****************************************************************************

HERE IS ANOTHER SAMPLE OF SCAM:

How are you doing today? I am sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling to Africa for a program called "Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the program is taking place in three major countries in Africa which are Ghana, South Africa and Nigeria . It as been a very sad and bad moment for me, the present condition that I found myself is very hard for me to explain. I am really stranded in Nigeria because I forgot my little bag in the Taxi where my money, passport, documents and other valuable things were kept on my way to the Hotel am staying, I am facing a hard time here because I have no money on me. I am now owning a hotel bill of $1200 and they wanted me to pay the bill soon else they will have to seize my bag and hand me over to the Hotel Management. I need this help from you urgently to help me back home, I need you to help me with the hotel bill and i will also need $1300 to feed and help myself back home so please can you help me with a sum of $2500 to sort out my problems here? I need this help so much and on time because i am in a terrible and tight situation here, I don't even have money to feed myself for a day which means i had been starving so please understand how urgent i needed your help.

I am sending you this e-mail from the city Library and I only have 45 mins, I will appreciate what so ever you can afford to send me for now and I promise to pay back your money as soon as i return home so please let me know on time so that i can forward you the details you need to transfer the money through Money Gram or Western Union.
********************************************************************************
Recently received:

From: "yacccservice@libero.it"
Sent: Tuesday, October 7, 2008 7:09:18 AM
Subject: Yahoo Warning!!! Verify Your Account now To Avoid It Closed

Attn: Account User,

This is in conjunction with sify Webmails,libero.it and Yahoo Account Users,we are having congestions due to the anonymous registration of yahoo accounts so we are shutting down some Yahoo Account and your account was among those to be deleted.We are sending you this email so that you can re-confirm your account information to enable us upgrade your account from been deleted.If you are still interested to use your Yahoo Account kindly re-confirm your account by filling the space below.

* User name: ...............................
* Password: ................................
* Date of Birth: ...........................
* Country Or Territory: ....................

After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this effect. We apologize for any inconveniences. Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after three days of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

Sincerely.
Yahoo! Account Services.

Kindly reply to: yahooaccservice@sify.com

No comments: