XIV GENERAL CONFERENCE CONGRESS OF SOUTHEAST ASIAN LIBRARIANS
Hanoi – Vietnam,
CALL FOR PAPERS
The theme of the conference is:
"TOWARDS AND INFORMATION SERVICES IN SOUTHEAST ASIAN COUNTRIES"
1. Consolidate solidarity and cooperation among librarians in Southeast Asian countries;
2. Unify awareness of the need to build dynamic libraries and information services in Southeast Asian countries;
3. Share and learn experience in libraries and information services in Southeast Asian countries and in the world;
4. Seek cooperation in developing regional projects on library and information science.
5. Introduce Vietnamese culture, beauty spots and people;
6. Introduce Vietnamese library to foreigners;
The Organizing Committee of CONSAL XIV General Conference 2009 invites submission of papers involving the following topics but not limit to:
1. Library education (for staffs and users):
- Towards information literate communities: educating and marketing programmes to end users.
- Training creative and innovative library professionals
- LIS education in developing countries
- Literacy and Reading
- with academic and
- Library services in rural areas
- Mobile library services
- Promoting a reading culture
- Library services for people with disablities
- and resource centers
- Reference and Information services
3. Emerging Technology:
- The internet – challenges and opportunities for Southeast Asian libraries
- Web 2.0 and libraries
- Development of libraries and information services in the digital age
- Value-added library services
4. Management and marketing:
- Valuing library services
- sharing and networking
- Collaboration across boundaries
- Preservation and
- Knowledge management
- Collection development
5. Library associations/ professions:
- Strengthening of CONSAL organization
- Management of Library Associations
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Authors are expected to consider the following requirements:
1. Authors are invited to submit an abstract of 200-300 words on or before by email to thuphuong@nlv. gov.vn
2. Authors with accepted abstracts will be invited to submit full papers via email by .
3. Deadline for full paper submission is
4. Deadline for powerpoint files for presentation is . Presentations shall be limited to 25 minutes.
5. Language of papers: English
6. Papers' Format
*Please type in Microsoft Word format, Times New Roman font for the whole paper, at size of 12 points. Authors can also send a similar copy in PDF format.
*Title: type in and use 14 point bold fonts for titles. Leave a line between title and name of author.
*A full paper is no more than 4000 words.
7. Information about author:
Author is required to write a brief introduction (maximum 150 words) about
*Achievements on library and information science (if possible)
It should be provided with the notice that:
Use the surname first, followed by initials in capital letter for the given names
Affiliations come after the authors's name
A recent (2cm×2cm) colour photo is requested.
Contact details of author including address, email address, telephone number, fax, residence telephone also be provided.
• An acknowledgment will be sent within 2 days upon receipt of the abstract
• Registration for the Conference is compulsory.
• Selected authors for CONSAL XIV Conference will be sponsored:
Free registration fee
Meals and accommodation
Conference's social activities
Any submission or inquiries in connection with this Call for Papers shall be addressed to:
Ms. Nguyen Thi Thu Phuong
Asst. Secretary, CONSAL XIV Organizing Committee
International Relations Division
National Library of Vietnam
31 Trang Thi street,
Tel: (84.4) 824 8870
Fax: (84.4) 824 8051
Email: thuphuong@nlv. gov.vn