Philippine Association of Academic and Research Librarians
19 January 2009
Dear Colleague (s),
“Standards are not a celebration of mediocrity nor intended to provide a level of comfort by showing activities or statistics that represent a hypothetical average. Rather, the standards provide a path, sometimes difficult to an ideal.” - ILA
PAARL understands the need to provide a more detailed blueprint for addressing,developing and improving specific areas of the library to maintain high quality services.
Hence, this forum will attempt to discuss the pressing issues and concerns of librarians and information professionals in relation to library standards such as:
1. Existing and Emerging Library Standards Applicable to Academic Libraries(Accreditation, RQUAT, ISO, IQuaME, BFL and PAARL);
2. Expectations and Perceptions of Librarians in Various Standards;
3. Helpful strategies in meeting/surpassing the standard requirements;
4. RLE (Related Learning Experiences) of Librarians in handling the process of documentations and inspections; and
5. PAARL Standards going 10: is there a need to update?
We have invited PRC-BFL Chair, Mrs. Corazon M. Nera and her Board Members, along with Dr.
Teresita G. Hernandez and Ms. Fe Angela M. Verzosa to help us facilitate this activity.
There is a registration fee of P200.00 for members, P250 for non-members and P100 for students to cover the snacks and certificates. Renewal and application of membership for 2009 are also encouraged. For reservations and details, please contact the undersigned or any of the association’s Officers and Directors.
Paras,VP-Elect/ Chair, Conference Committee
Elvira B. Lapuz,President- Elect