Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Marian Librarian’s Creed

By Mr. David A. Cabonero

I believe that all users...
* have the right to access information.
* can learn and want to learn through books and e-resources.
* are invited to spend their leisure time in the library.
* may visit the library to nurture their knowledge and develop their full potential.

I believe that the library...
* is responsive to the needs of the community it serves.
* is a repository of our cultural heritage.
* can empower our countrymen in nation building.

I believe that...
* in imparting information will prepare users to be a good citizen and earn an honest living.
* respect and equal opportunity be accorded to all kinds of users, irrespective of their origin, race, culture, gender, and religion.

As a librarian, I pledge to serve the library to my utmost ability, carrying out my duties and responsibilities with impartiality, abiding the law of our nation, and maintaining a proper code of conduct which will neither tarnish the name of the library nor the profession, thereby making the library a more conducive center for learning, study and research.