PLAI Study Tour on May 6-9, 2009 has been reset to first week of June 2009, because of the ff. reasons according to the PLAI president:
1. Many have not paid their airfares. According to the Travel agency, it has to be full payment before they can issue airline tickets;
2. There are only 10 who have signified and most of them have sent partial payment.
So to give time to those librarians, we wish to inform you that we are resetting the trip by first week of June. Should you have queries please, get in touch with Ms. Lily Echeverri, the coordinator.
PHILIPPINE LIBRARIANS ASSOCIATION INC. (PLAI)
Member, International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA)
PLAI Headquarters, 3F/Rm.301, The National Library Bldg.
T.M. Kalaw St., Ermita, Manila, 1000 Philippines
March 14, 2009
On behalf of Philippine Librarians Association, Inc. (PLAI) - National Capital Region Librarians Council (NCRLC), it is our pleasure to invite you to a training and study visit to Singapore on the theme "Expanding Library Horizons: An Adventure to Singapore" tobe held on May 6-9, 2009.
Information, the expression of human knowledge is heralded to be the main tool of this day and age. As such it has become a very dynamic concept. Information professionals (IPs), on the other hand, are not to be left behind. With technological changes occurring at a fast pace, IPs must be able to adapt to these changes appropriately. One sure say is to be exposed to the learning environments of more technologically- advanced countries like Singapore.
The objectives of this event are:
1. Upgrade and enhance the competencies of IPs in addressing clients’ perception of quality information services and its delivery;
2. Increase awareness and knowledge of document management systems essential for electronic distribution of digital materials;
3. Hone the skills of IPs in their dynamic roles as educators and consultants; and
4. Become aware of common challenges in obtaining/accessing information and to share these experiences with our counterparts in Singapore.
Singapore is a highly urbanized and developed Asian country so the experience will be highly rich in information as well as interesting and enjoyable. This is open for everybody who wants to have an opportunity to learn and upgrade their personal and professional competencies.
The registration fee is US$448.00 (or peso equivalent to prevailing airline rate) inclusive of:
* Roundtrip economy airfare via Philippine Airlines
* 4Days/3Nights hotel accommodation
* Daily Breakfast inside Hotel
* Transfers to technical visits
* Transfers to and from the airport to hotel
* City tours in Singapore
* Full day library visit
* Private use of motor coach during university, school library and museum and information centers visits
* Certificates of Appearance and Attendance
* Pre-departure Tour Briefing
* Services of an English speaking guide during tours
Package exclusions are Airline tax (USD88.00); Philippine Travel Tax (P1,620.00); and Terminal Fee (P750.00).
Details of the study tour are attached for your information. For inquiries, please contact the undersigned:
Name E-mail Address Tel. No. Cel. No.
Nora Claravall nora04claravall@ yahoo.com
Lily Echiverri lily.echiverri@ gmail.com 9292180; 9205514 loc. 301 09282120973
Jo Ladlad ladladj@dlsu. edu.ph 5244611 loc. 602/ 265 09178989237
Fe Abelardo feabelardo@yahoo. com 5250926 09194948178
Rod Tarlit tarlytup@yahoo. com.ph 9818500 loc. 2859
Belen Vibar email@example.com. ph 6370912 loc. 292
We look forward to your participation as we travel together to the different exciting places in Singapore.
NORA J. CLARAVALL
NCRLC Council President
Study Tour Coordinator
LILIA F. ECHIVERRI